The Earthville Network relies on public support for its continued success and to expand our capacity to serve. The cost of conducting our ever-growing programs is always on the rise, and every contribution we receive makes a difference, so please consider donating generously.
This page explains the different kinds of donations you can make to Earthville (credit card, check, tithing, bequests, endowments, gifts of property and electronic items, etc.). If you would like to make a quick online donation by credit card, you can click the button above. Otherwise, read on to learn about the many ways you can help.
A Sound Investment in a Better Future
Earthville provides an exceptional "return" on your charitable investment. One of our core values is efficient use of resources, and another is real-world results. As a mostly volunteer-driven organization making optimum use of donated facilities and services, our administrative overhead and general operating expenses are exceptionally low, especially for an organization of our size and scope. And our international programs provide particularly impressive bang for the philanthropic buck.
Earthville is a 501(c)(3) charity, so your contributions are tax-deductible in the US to the extent allowed by law. (Please consult your tax advisor about tax deductibility in other countries.)
Many Ways to Give
Click on the links below to explore the various ways you can give your support to Earthville and its charitable programs.
Monetary Gifts & Grants
- Donate securely online by credit card or bank transfer
- Send a check by mail
- Donate securities
- Endowments and bequests
- 1% for the Planet
Donating Property & Material Goods
- Donating computers and electronic items
- Donating cars and other vehicles
- Donating real property (houses, buildings, land)
Donate securely online by credit card or bank transfer
Just click the button below to donate securely online. It's quick and easy, and you will receive a tax receipt for your donation via email.
Recurring donations: You can also schedule recurring donations (automatically deducted monthly, quarterly, or annually), which is a great way to provide regular support for Earthville with "set it and forget it" convenience for you. Just click the button above and then, on the page that follows, select the "recurring donation" option and use the pop-up menu to choose whether you'd like your recurring donation to be debited monthly, quarterly, or annually, as in the image below.
Donating via PayPal: If you prefer to give via PayPal, you can click here to do so. The PayPal donation service also works for credit card donations and direct debits from bank accounts (no PayPal account required).
Send a check by mail
Please make checks payable to "Earthville Network" and mail to the following address:
The Earthville Network
PO Box 9232
Berkeley CA 94709
When we receive your check, we will send you an acknowledgement letter which will serve as your receipt for tax purposes. We can send this letter either by postal mail or by email as a PDF file. If you'd like to go paperless, please include your email address with your check.
Donations of stocks, bonds, and other securities can be made via secure electronic transfer directly into our brokerage account and your gift is tax-deductible in the US. Contact us here for details.
Endowments & bequests
Two of the most powerful ways to make a profound and enduring contribution to support the charitable programs and long-term growth of the Earthville Network are bequests and endowments. We are honored to be considered as part of your altruistic legacy, and we will be happy to work with you to determine which of our nonprofit programs or facilities you might feel most inspired to support or endow. Interested parties may contact us here.
1% for the Planet
The Earthville Network is proud to be a beneficiary organization of 1% for the Planet, a program through which businesses demonstrate their commitment to a healthy planet by donating at least one percent of their annual sales to charities that are caring for the earth. If your business is a member of 1% for the Planet, you can allocate your contributions to Earthville.
Donating computers and other electronic items in good condition
There is always a need for various technological tools in Earthville's programs around the world. The following electronic items are especially useful:
- Donating laptop, netbook, or tablet computers: Upgrading your notebook/netbook/tablet computer? Donating your old portable computer could make a big difference for someone in India. (We accept Mac, Linux, and Windows laptops/netbooks, but only those less than three years old and in good working condition, with functioning batteries, please.) Donations of Apple iPad 2 and the original iPad are also helpful, as are tablet computers running Android 3.0 or higher, such as the Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Donating Macintosh desktop computers: We also have need for recent-model Apple Macintosh desktop computers (i.e. Mac Pro, iMac and Mac mini from 2008 or later) and LED displays/monitors for our arts and media programs. (Windows desktops are not needed at this time.)
- Donating digital cameras and camcorders: Your used (but still working) photographic/digital video gear can be put to very good use in our Asian programs.
- Donating professional audio and video equipment: Our music and documentary video projects have need for high-quality professional recording equipment (e.g. studio microphones, preamps, mixing consoles, outboard gear, and reference monitors in good condition) and videography equipment (e.g. high-end prosumer or professional HD digital camcorders, especially tapeless models, and their accessories). We can also make good use of audiophile-quality music playback equipment (amps, speakers, etc.) and many kinds of musical instruments (in good playing condition). Please contact us if you have high-end audio or video equipment or quality musical instruments that you might like to donate.
All of these items can be delivered or shipped to our California/Colorado addresses, and we will provide you with a receipt for the fair-market value of the item that you can use for tax purposes. If you are interested in donating any of the items mentioned above to charity, please contact us.
Donating cars and other vehicles
Buying a new car? If you're in the San Francisco, Los Angeles, or Denver areas (or willing to drive there), we can accept your old car, truck, van, or SUV as a charitable, tax-deductible donation (as long as it's in reasonably good shape and running without issues). Otherwise, you could sell your old car and donate the proceeds to Earthville (also tax-deductible). If you have a vehicle you might wish to donate to charity, please contact us.
Donating real property (houses, buildings, land)
Earthville is grateful to accept donations of plots of land, homes, business/commercial properties, office space, or other real estate to help us expand our reach and our capacity to serve. We are especially interested in donations of real estate (both urban and rural) in Colorado and California, but our programs are always expanding and we can potentially make very good use of donated property anywhere in the US (and in many other countries as well) for our diverse array of nonprofit activities. Donating real property to 501(c)(3) charitable organization such as Earthville is generally tax-deductible for the fair market value of the property (please consult your tax advisor for details). If you own a home, building, office space, commercial/retail space, or land that you might wish to donate to charity or make available for free, long-term use by Earthville, please contact us here and we will be happy to discuss the details with you.
Thank you for your generosity! We sincerely appreciate it!